Transfer Week

 Another CRAZY BUSY week. We had transfers which is always fun. We basically were only able to work in our area from 5-9pm everyday this week. I just love the work. Missionary work is so fun and spirit filled. 


This week I had the opportunity to state what I know to be true boldly a lot. We have met quite a few people who are very rude or questioned everything the church stands for. We had one lady invite us in as we knocked on her door and then she just starting spitting so random crop and totally being disrespectful. So we just stated what we know and got out of there. She wasn't even trying to let us go.😂 We had one guy who has studied a lot of religion and he let us in and we had a conversation about Jesus Christ and His restored church and the Book of Mormon and he just wasn't open. But his brother who was sitting in the living room we didn't think was listening then he just started asking questions. The awesome part about that was by the end the brother said "you know what give me a Book of Mormon I'm interested now" unfortunately he lives in Mississippi. 

Christ is the divine son of God and is our savior and redeemer. He called Prophets in times of old as well as in current times. He called Joseph Smith as a prophet. The Book of Mormon is Christ's words and will lead us closer to Him.

Another cool experience was we went to share a spiritual thought with a family and when I walked in the door it was just a different feeling in the home. When the mom sat down she looked like she has been struggling really bad. She said her mental health has been struggling very bad. We were getting to know her and she would randomly start whispering to herself "not again, stop" when she did that I felt darkness in the room. We offered a preisthood blessing and I gave it. I had an idea what I was going to say in the blessing but then I couldn't speak what I was going to say and I forgot it and then just clearly I started getting different thoughts on what to say. The words I was saying were not mine. They were given me by the Holy Ghost there is no way I could've said the things I was saying. Even after E. Barney was like bro you were using words I've never heard you use before. I don't say that out of pride I say that to show that the authority of God is found within this church and if that authority was fake then what just happened wouldn't have happened or have been so powerful. It is only because it is God's power. 

One more thing is something called the Plan of Salvation which is God's plan for ALL of us. Where we were before earth, why we are here on earth and where we go after are laid forth by the Plan of Salvation. 

This church is NOT just another church in the thousands of church in the world, this is Christ's church, the same one that He established when He was on the earth everything in this church points towards the sacrifice of Christ. I love Him and His church because of the truths that it brings into my life.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riley's Farewell and Setting Apart

I'm back😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️

FIRST SNOWFALL HERE❄🥶