Weekly love from Elder Dean‼️‼️
Dang this week flew byyyy... I'm very busy so I'm writing this email right now and not tomorrow!!! Love yall
So last Monday was sooo lit... most competitive basketball I've played all my mission, it felt good to play!!! And we have weekly meeting with the Mission President every Monday evening. Its always the best because we have meetings that are so productive and Spirit led and then after we get to munch their leftover food in their fridge!!! I got to give the spiritual thought to open up the meeting... what does it mean to "teach other to observe ALL things" Matthew 28:20. Also what does it mean to observe all things ourselves. Something to think about!!!
On Tuesday we had to do some mission office things which isn't the funnest but I hope that by doing those the work of the Mission can move forward more smoothly! But we got to plan our week and we prayed about one lady we are teaching about what she needs to learn and what we can help her with and we both felt like she needs to be invited to be baptized so we prayed about a day that would be best. And we felt July 30th! We had a lesson later that evening with her and just right away we started talking about baptism and we taught why it's important and blessing and all about it. And I got a strong prompting from the spirit while my companion was teaching that said, "Just freaking invite her to be baptized already" so as soon as he was done his thought I invited her to be baptized on July 30th and she said yes. She is so ready. We have been meeting with her every other day and she is improving/progressing so fast!!! She is so excited also!
We were also able to set a date for baptism for 3 other people which was BUSSIN!! So awesome. 2 are in the same household and another kid inna different house!!
We had MLC (Mission Leadership Council) on Wednesday and the Zone Leaders and Sister training Leaders are so awesome and helping the mission improve and setting that good example of a follower of Christ!!
We were asked to go to a young men's activity and talk about the Priesthood because they have 2 young men who have been baptized a few months ago right before I got to this area and they haven't gotten the priesthood yet. So when I first got there I saw one of them was wearing an anime shirt so you already know what I'm finna talk about. So we talked about anime for a whileee. And then when we got to teaching about the Priesthood I related it to anime. It was decent but they loved it and understood haha.
One night we had about an hour to end the night with nothing scheduled so we knocked some doors on a new apartment complex. And it was like 9:05pm and we didn't really have too much teaching opportunities. And I felt really strongly like there was one more person we had to teach. So I stood and thought and felt like we needed to go to the back street. So we went and as soon as we got on the street a car that was parked started rolling forward about to drive but he has his window down so I stopped him from driving. Turns out homie just moved to Utah from South America. He doesn't know much about our beliefs but he really wanted to learn more. So we taught him about the Book Of Mormon and gave him the Spanish Elders number. He was super excited to read the Book of Mormon!!! What a good way to end the night! I love how God works!!
Sorry this email is pretty long!! On Thursday we had planned to go to a specific part of out area and we were there and we just had an appointment fall thru. And as we were walking off their porch we saw a man just park his car so we walked up and talked to him as he was getting out. Then he just starts crying. We ask to talk with him inside. So we go inside and turns out he is a member but is struggling really hard and has been praying for something to give him strength. And his Co-worker earlier in the day told him to reach out to missionaries. And we showed up. We talked and read some of the Book of Mormon and then gave him a priesthood blessing and it was super cool to see how God put us there in the right place at the right time to help give comfort to one of his children!!!
I love you all!!! Email me if you'd like...I've been really busy so I'll try to get back to you!!

Mosiah 28:3 is a Scripture to think about also!!


Mosiah 28:3 is a Scripture to think about also!!




Comments
Post a Comment